There comes a time when one person can’t do it alone, and a community makes things happen.
This is the time when I need your help to make the “Bring Out the Gutsy in You” event and the launch of our first: My Gutsy Story® True Stories of Love, Courage and Adventure from Around the World (now on Amazon)
PEOPLE MAKE THIS A SUCCESS
I have so many people to thank for helping with our SPECIAL EVENT and BOOK LAUNCH
- Marybeth Bond– flying out from San Franciso to be our keynote speaker
- Linda Joy Myers (NAMW) President- flying out from San Franciso to be our panelist (Check out our interview together about the event.)
- Jason Matthews, author and e-book publishing expert. (Check out the fantastic post he wrote about our 9-26-13 event.)
- Marla Miller, upbeat and Gutsy moderator, author and founder of “Marketing the Muse” workshops.
HERE’S WHAT I’M DOING TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESS
- I’ve rented a movie theater to make this event special
- I’ve hired a film crew so footage can be shared and used to promote everyone
- I’m working with a wonderful publicist, Barbara Kimler, to make things happen
- The Orange County and Anaheim Convention and Visitors Bureau will send out a media blast to 800 businesses.
- Producing a DVD of the event
- I’ve hired a professional photographer
- I’ve been on PBS-SoCal TV to promote the event (video link)
- PBS reporters, Maria Hall Brown and Ann Pulice from PBS said they would attend the event
- I’ve been on local radio shows to promote our event
- I’m giving back part of the Anthology proceeds to help WomanSage.org a non-profit, helping women in transition (please read Jacene’s story below)
- I have a wonderful group of smiling volunteers to help make our event special
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- Please watch my Pubslush video (don’t laugh at me standing on my head!)
- Please contribute to the PUBSLUSH Campaign to help support the event, and OFFER YOU REWARDS in exchange.
- Please share this post with your family and friends, as well as on social media.
This is what WomanSage does to help women like Jacene
After surviving cancer 3 times, her 32 yr marriage ending in divorce, and moving to Orange County to take care of her aging parents Jacene faced financial, emotional and personal losses. She used the TM experience to investigate other potential career avenues identified by her career coach. With her renewed vigor, passion and a plan, Jacene chose to continue her work with children in the school district and expand her tutoring service. She is currently an educator at Newport Mesa Unified School District.
HOW DID I GET MY BOOK INTO COSTCO?
Come back Thursday, September 5th, to read more.