I am turning a new chapter in my life prompted by my divorce after a 28-year marriage.
Instead of feeling “sorry” for myself, I’ve opted to view this as an opportunity to explore new avenues and adventures. As I often say to others:
“There are always options in life. View setbacks as opportunities to do something new and don’t be afraid to take a risk.”
Baby boomer women are taking charge of their life and according to: New York Times “Divorce After 50”
“So much for “till death do us part.” For the first time, more Americans 50 and older are divorced than widowed, and the numbers are growing as baby boomers live longer. Sociologists call them gray divorcees.”
SONIA’s 2015 Gutsy Adventure:
- Cert-TESOL certificate in London in May 2015, a one-month course. This is the “Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages,” course which is respected and recognized globally by language schools. I have always wanted a qualification I can use anywhere in the world, and thanks to Rebecca Hall, who writes about “Life Beyond Borders” blog, I was guided to this specific course. Watch my interview with Beccy here. Another interview with her on January 24th, 9 a.m.
- I signed up for the Peace Corps, and have followed numerous PC social gatherings during the past year.
- PEACE CORPS: I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Lesotho, a tiny land-locked country in southern Africa.The good news is that the PC wants to recruit more people over 50, so if you’re looking for another adventure, here are some people over 50 serving.
- MY TIME NOT SOCIAL MEDIA’S TIME: I’m going to do things according to “my time,” not according to social media expectations. So what if I don’t post exactly at the same time each week. Will I get punished by Google, SEO, Twitter, FB, etc.
- “GUTSY” INTERVIEWS: I shall keep interviewing “Gutsy” people, and my first interview in 2015, is the talented, Rebecca Hall. Click here to join this live awesome interview on Saturday, January 24th, at 9 a.m. PST. Please tune in and listen to my friend who lives in Athens, Greece. We shall discuss:
- Her new site, “Life Beyond Borders” originally called Leaving Cairo, and why she changed it.
- What Beccy does, her travel work (especially Rough Guides), why she started a blog, and what she hopes to achieve from her blog in 2015
- MY GUTSY STORY® ANTHOLOGY: I submitted the “My Gutsy Story®” Anthology for another Award and plan to attend the IBPA (Independent Book Publishers Association) conference in Austin, TX, April 10-11th, 2015. Hopefully all 46 authors who contributed their story, will win this Award.
- WORK ABROAD: I plan to volunteer in Spain again in May-June 2015, with Vaughan Volunteers, speaking English to Spanish business people for one week. Last year I was in Torrecaballeros, (see my post here.) This time I shall be in a 13th Century village called, Pedraza. I also hope to work either with the Peace Corps, or as a teacher of English, abroad in 2015.
- PUBLISH 3rd MY GUTSY STORY® ANTHOLOGY IN 2015. Please submit your stories for our next Anthology. It’s FREE on GUTSY LIVING® site, and only $79, to be considered for publication in our 2015 Anthology.
- CONTINUE HELPING AUTHORS PROMOTE THEIR BOOKS. See what I can do for you HERE.
(WE NEED MORE STORIES, SO HERE’S YOUR CHANCE TO GET PUBLISHED IN THE AWARD-WINNING ANTHOLOGY.)