I am a woman going through a life transition. My story is about divorce, and re-inventing a new “Gutsy” life for myself at age 57.
Starting next year, my blog shall take on a fresh focus. Watch out for the upcoming news in January 2015.
I have been lucky to attend a group called “Women in Life Transitions” which started on September 18th, sponsored by WomanSage.
All 15 of us are going through various stages in life from:
- Grief (death of a spouse or child)
- Struggling with a spouse suffering from depression or alcoholism
- Loss of a job and lack of financial support
- Stay-at-home mom who feels stuck
- Relationship problems, mental abuse
- Issues with money and clinical depression
- Nervous breakdowns
During a 3.5 month period we received a jumpstart in the following areas of our life:
1) Personal issues through our life coach, Donna Friess (3 sessions)
2). Career Coaching through the wonderful WHW (Women Helping Women) non-profit which offers monthly classes on:
- Resume building
- LinkedIn seminars
- Job offers
- Skilled volunteers to help with dressing professionally, and offering free outfits
- Mock Interviews
- Excel and computer classes.
3). Financial coaching with certified financial planners.
WHW (Women Helping Women) helped us with our wardrobes and professional clothing as well as make-up lessons fro the WomanSage team and finally professional photography through Julie Debolt Price. I can’t wait to share my photo, which I might use as my new author photo.
Julie is truly gifted at giving direction so you feel confident that your professional photo for LinkedIn or whatever you use it for will look great.
This program helped me in every respect:
- Getting financial, business and life coaching help
- Boosting my confidence
- Inspiring other women to become “gutsy.’
- Making new friends
If you live in Orange County and need help because you’re going through a major life transition, consider contacting the WomanSage Life Transition Program for help.
This was a FREE program and I am so grateful for all the help I received and the new friends I made over this 3 month period.
Do you have a story to share about changing one person? Making them go for their dreams, encouraging them?