Tonight is my book launch. This is a day I’ve been working towards for the last seven years since I started my journal in Belize.
In celebration of all authors I’ve met and connected with over the past seven years, I can say that you all deserve to be congratulated for your hard work. I never realized what it takes to write a book until I went through all the headaches, anxiety, frustrations, rewrites, edits, re-edits, and finally a book in my hands.
This celebration is for all of you.
On my BIG day, I am going to make a speech, and with so many people to thank, I’m afraid the speech will come across as the ones we hear at the Academy Awards.
As you can see on the poster above, I wish to thank Laguna Beach Books for hosting my event, and six sponsors.
I would like to thank the following businesses for their kind sponsorship:
- K’Ya Bistro, for offering some yummy appetizers.
- Eva’s Caribbean Kitchen, for offering rum punch
- Laguna Playhouse for offering two complimentary tickets to the performance of “Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps. (One of our 4 raffle prizes)
- Brighton Collectibles in Corona del Mar, California, is offering a very special necklace and bracelet gift for our raffle. Thanks to Lynn and Linda.
- Regency Theaters, 4 free tickets thanks to Larrry Poricelli.
- Spectrum Specialties & Awards, A bottle of Pinot Noir wine set.
My apologies for starting the voting for your favorite August “My Gutsy Story” contest tomorrow instead of today, but you will have until September 12th to vote. Come back tomorrow to VOTE.