Many of us go through life without ever questioning:
- What was I put on Earth to do?
- What things tap into my strongest strengths and my deepest loves?
- What things let me be the most “me” I can be?
- What is my true calling?
Some people find their true calling at a young age, and others never really seem to. Why is that?
Here are three questions to help you find your true calling. I found them in the November 2011 issue of the Oprah magazine. Try to answer as truthfully as possible the following:
- How does what you’re doing make you feel? (Does it feel right to you? Does it stimulate you?)
- Does it have a positive impact on others? (Does your energy and enthusiasm connect with others when shared?)
- Does it turn up the volume and increase the vibration of your life? (Whenever you pursue what you’re meant to be you have a certain vitality, and when others see this, they’ll be inspired too.)
If you’re not sure how to discover your passion, here’s another helpful exercise you may want to try. 4-Step Guide to Discovering Who You’re Meant to be.
- Take stock of your strengths
- Tap your motivation
Kristine Flanigan and Ethan Bartlett, two young fashion designers from FIDM- (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) found their calling at a young age. I interviewed them last Friday at a Fashion Show (see video of Kristine below) at the Irvine Spectrum, sponsored by StyleWeek OC and the Cadillac Contemporary Design.
Nick Verreos, was the host and former Project Runway contestant, and he also found his passion for fashion design at the young age of five. More photos of the show and the designers’ outfits made from Cadillac car parts.
Click here to see the fashion designers and their outfits of the 2011 Cadillac Contemporary Design contest.
I have several passions, writing, networking, traveling, weight lifting, “talking”, learning.
As far as my true calling, I’m not 100% sure yet. I can feel I’m getting there, and somehow I’m drawn to teaching and working with people in less developed parts of the world.
What about you? Have you discovered your true calling in life? Please share your thoughts.