Are you the same person when you’re on vacation as you are at home or are your more Gutsy?
Do you try new things like:
- Bungee jumping
- Sky diving
- Helicopter rides
- Wave runners
- New foods
- New drinks
- Dancing at local night spots
- Meeting new people
- Morphing into a crazy, wild person
Here are 9 things you don’t know about me when I’m on vacation.
1. I let my hair go wild and curly: its natural state.
2. I love to dance. My husband and I lucked out with the Bag of Donuts, and The Molly Ringwalds, 80’s music. Pensecola Beach has live music everywhere, and my poor ears are not used to loud nightclubs. I shall remain deaf for weeks.
3. I drink and eat a little more while on vacation. Pensecola’s specialty drink is called: The Bushwacher. It tastes like a vanilla shake with Kahlua and rum: a great smoothie for hot weather and dancing.
4. I try to workout a couple of times at the hotel gym, and am happy when the equipment is in good condition.
5. I love to walk along the beach at sunrise, with my first cup of coffee.
6. I bring my own ground coffee fom Peets to our hotel room, as well as cashews, almonds and cookies from Trader Joe’s for the flights since they no longer offer meals.
7. I hate sunbathing. Many of my European friends can sit for hours in the sun. As long as I’m swimming, walking or doing something other than sunbathing, I prefer to be outdoors.
8. I enjoy talking to people and making new friends. I met Nancy, the jewelry lady from our hotel, and we shared our travel stories. My husband enjoys reading for hours, and like most women, I have to talk.
9. I try to do something different every day. Either an activity like snorkeling or parasailing, or visiting local sites.
We visited Fort Pickens, the largest of four forts built to defend Pensecola Bay and its navy yard. Built in 1829 and completed in 1834 by African-American slave labor. Fort Pickens was named after Revolutionary War hero General Andrew Pickens.
What about you? Please share 1-9 things about you when you’re on vacation.