December is a great month to write your “My Gutsy Story.” I hope you consider submitting yours. We all need motivation, especially at the start of a New Year. I’ve attached the information at the bottom of this post.
2. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that they have been nominated!)
3. Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
4. Of course, do not nominate the blog of the one who nominated your blog!
5. Paste the award picture onto your blog. (You can Google the image; there are plenty of them!)
Here goes! 11 random things to know about me:
3. I lived in Nigeria as a child, and my mom spoke Danish to me from birth.
5. I made an impromptu speech in front of my class, at the English School of Paris at age 13. My classmates snickered, and did not vote for me. That traumatic incident impacted me for life, and I decided to overcome my fear of public speaking.
6. I left home at 14 to attend boarding school in the U.K. It was my own decision as I wanted to take subjects in high school that weren’t offered at my school in Paris.
Here are the answers to the questions asked of me by Dody:
1. What is the first book that you can remember reading?
The Noddy series by Enid Blyton.
2. Did you ever have a nickname?
SØS. No not SOS, by my mother.
Snookie by Duke, my husband.
3. What is the most favorite thing that you did when a kid?
Spending the day swimming with Lilian, my best Danish childhood friend. Eating Danish pastries after we swam in the morning.
4. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
Travel and swim and snorkel in Caribbean warm waters.
5. Do you have an unusual or interesting habit?
I really like boysenberry jam on sharp cheddar cheese, on a slice of whole grainy brown bread.
6. If you could have a chat with someone you do not know, who would this be?
Jane Goodall. I love “Gutsy” women who are older and wiser. I would like to ask her to be a part of the “My Gutsy Story” event I so want to put together in 2013.
7. Describe your ideal bookcase.
Memoirs and travel stories.
8. What is your favorite spot in which to read?
I can’t read for long periods at a time, so on the bike at the gym, or when I walk my dog.
9. What is the most interesting vacation you’ve ever had?
On a safari in Kenya and Tanzania with my kids aged 6 and 9. The youngest was only 2, and stayed in the U.S.
10. Do you have a bucket list? Share one with us.
- Take a Spanish immersion class and live with a host family in Panama.
- Teach English in a totally foreign country where the locals are friendly and receptive to learning. Where should I go? Any ideas welcome?
- Travel to Australia, and do a house swap or house-sit for 6 months.
- Do 27 months of Peace Corps work.
- Live in Naples, FL, for a while.
- Start a Baby-Boomer movement of “Gutsy people.”
- Always learn from other people.
11. Complete the sentence: “I wish... I knew how to fly a small Cessna. I wish I had nursing skills so I could work and volunteer in any country in the world. I wish I’d become an author and motivational speaker in my 30’s.
Because I am a curious person, I wanted to learn more about a few people whose blogs I enjoy: Belinda Nicoll, Miss Footloose, Annabel Candy, Barbara Hammond, Muriel Demarcus, Laura Dennis, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Dagg, Kelli Norgaard, Lois Joy Hofmann, Jennifer Fink
Here are my questions to you.
1. What is your biggest accomplishment so far in your life?
2. Where did you first meet your spouse (if applicable)?
3. How do you see yourself at 80?
4. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years.
5. What is your biggest fear in life and why?
6. Are you a Gutsy woman? In what way?
7. Where do you see yourself living when you retire?
8. Do you regret any decisions you’ve made in your life?
9. Is there a profession you would pick today if you could start over? Which one and why?
10. What are you looking forward to in 2013?
11. How do you stay motivated?
I do hope that your busy schedules can allow time for your acceptance of this award!
Do you have a “My Gutsy Story” you’d like to share?
DECEMBER will be DIFFERENT.
I shall be leaving for Paris and London, and plan to share stories, photos, and other posts during this month on my blog.
I am collecting new “My Gutsy Story” submissions for 2013. NOW is the time to submit your own “My Gutsy Story” and get published in our Anthology. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Thanks and don’t forget to VOTE on the sidebar.