Don’t Get Stuck in the Web – Avoiding Website Pitfalls
If you want to become a professional author, you need to invest in your website. This is your own piece of “online real estate,” which showcases your brand, your writing, and helps you build an audience of fans.
Tech expert Jay Donovan from Techsurgeons.com answers the following questions and others from the attendees during this Webinar.
In this presentation you will learn:
- How to start your author website
- What you need to know about selecting domain names
- Whether you need a web-designer for a WordPress.org blog
- How to transfer from WordPress.com to WordPress.org
- Why you should consider a transfer from Blogger.com to WordPress.org website
- How to tell if your website is slow and how this can hurt you
- Which plugins are most helpful to writers
- How to make the best author website for you
- ‘Pitfalls’-What to do if you’re not happy with your hosting company
Guest Tech Expert: Jay Donovan has been a geek since before geeks were cool. He’s done it all, from remotely debugging the Internet connection for a US aircraft carrier deployed to *REDACTED*, to being responsible for the servers & networks for one of the largest Internet sites in the world, and now the most challenging job of them all – parenthood.
Jay is an author groupie and is co-founder of TechSurgeons. (TechSurgeons keeps my website running lightning fast. He’s trained as a Certified Ethical Hacker (yes, really!) and always uses his geeky powers for good. When he’s not neck deep in wires and computer parts, you’ll find him hanging out on Twitter as @jaytechdad or on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/jay.attechsurgeons
Sonia Marsh is an award-winning indie author who knows how to market books both online and in person. She offers “gutsy” book marketing and coaching to indie authors. Contact her at: email@example.com and visit her “Gutsy” book coaching page.